Warning: getimagesize(http://www.albertahiking.ca//images/news/0e2fa01c92a76544ffeb4d84dcebb0f4.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /home/content/25/6727725/html/site-aha/news/detail.php on line 25
A new organisation is born: Alberta Hiking Association
2008-11-01The Alberta Hiking Association was incorporated as Hike Alberta Society on June 19, 2008, under the Alberta Societies Act. A Board of Directors was elected following a meeting in Red Deer on November 1, 2008.
David Wasserman, Chair
Carl Von Mirbach
The Objectives of the organization are as following:
* To act as an advocate at provincial and regional levels for walking, hiking, and snowshoeing interests.
* To create an information network that facilitates sharing ideas, concerns, and actions needed to promote and preserve hiking and the natural environment on which it relies.
* To advance the development and maintenance of well-built hiking trails and to encourage trail-building initiatives in Alberta.
* To promote responsible, minimal-impact hiking that respects the natural environment and to educate through example.
* To increase awareness about the benefits to health and local economies of walking, hiking and snowshoeing.